Are you a woman feeling fatigued, moody and experiencing damaged skin and hair?
These are all signs that you are not eating enough protein!
If you are facing:
- Unusual weakness
- Brittle nails, hair and skin
- Feeling excessively hungry
- Falling sick often
- Slow healing of wounds
It is time to increase your protein intake!
Let’s start with the basics – What is protein?
Protein is the building block of life. In our bodies, protein plays a key role in the creation and maintenance of many aspects of our body. It is a ‘macronutrient’ for our body, which means we need large amounts of it to stay healthy.
Why do women need protein?
Compared to men, women have the tendency to consume a less than optimal amount of protien. Women need protein to maintain the complete functionality of their bodies. While it has gained popularity in the bodybuilding world, protein is essential for many more reasons. Protein provides the basic materials for our tissues, bones, hair and nails. As women age, bone health and density need to be taken care of. Consuming enough protein keeps our bones strong and minimises the density less. Protein for women also helps with building immunity, hormonal balance, weight management and healthy skin and hair. Building and repairing the body. Protein also provides:
- Sustained energy
- Digestive aid
- Oxygen to the cells
- Boosts the immune system
- Bolsters weight loss
As women age, it is important to supplement protein daily. Protein shakes and powders are a great way to supplement protein for women.
Which is better – plant or animal protein?
A hot topic of debate in the health world is which protein source is more optimal – plant based or animal based protein. A common misconception about plant based protein products is that it cannot match up to animal protein.
However the truth is…
Plant based protein is a more optimal protein source than animal based protein. Did you know that superstar women athlete Venus Williams is vegan? Here are the reasons why plant based proteins are the better option:
- They provide us with more fibre and antioxidants as compared to animal based products.
- They have lower saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium when compared to meat sources
- People who consume plant based rich diets are less prone to heart diseases, cancer and diabetes.
- They come with major environmental benefits, as our daily food choices not only impact our health, but also our environment.
Beyond the overall benefits of plant-based protein, here are the benefits for women:
- Plant protein reduces the bone density loss which comes with ageing
- Women that have rich plant based protein diets are less susceptible to post menopause complications
- Plant protein consumption lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases and cancer
- Animal based protein may lead to hormonal imbalance in women
- Animal based protein can carry diseases
- Plant based proteins are full of fibre and easier to digest
The best Plant-based protein supplement for women
Plix’s Women’s Protein & Superfood provides 20g of Plant Protein for women.
Its rich blend of ingredients makes it the ideal plant protein supplement for women. Plix’s Women’s Protein & Superfood strengthens the body, provides multivitamins and has no added sugar. It is 100% safe, healthy and natural. Additionally, it is fortified with plant-based Ayurvedic ingredients such as blueberry, raspberry, grapeseed, pomegranate, shatavari and fenugreek which support natural hormonal balance. It supports gut, skin and hair health too! Plix Women’s Protein is recommended for women with PCOS as it regulates hormones. Other advantages include the boosting of the body’s metabolism, fat loss and muscle gain.