What is Meal Planning?
Introduction to What is Meal Planning?
Meal planning involves the act of sorting out or planning out portions of meals for the entire week or month. This is done in order to simplify the overwhelming number of options available for buying and making food.
There are different factors that contribute to your decision-making process like
- Your frequency of grocery shopping
- Your willingness to cook and try new recipes
- Your eating style and individual taste
- How organized you want to be with your cooking
The idea is to go for what works best for you. It doesn’t have to be complicated or fancy in any way.
Fuel your life by eating what you like and what’s both sustainable and healthy for you. Here are few general meal planning tips when you’re running out of time.
1.Order your groceries online
Use your phone to download meal planning apps like Veganized, Foodplanner or Mealime and swap them for your usual delivery apps. Get an overview of your meal, snacks and workout fuel to see what suits your bill. Include all the groceries and foods you need. These apps will also help you break down calories in your servings.
2. Food Storage
Get yourself equipped by storing food in portable containers. One pro tip would be to get stackable glass containers that you can simultaneously microwave, freeze and throw in the dishwasher. A systematic and organised kitchen is always helpful for meal planning.
3. Keep it chopped
Being prepared helps you get the most out of anything. You can keep portions of your veggies chopped so that when hunger strikes, you’re quick to go. If you’re running short of time, you can go visit your nearest grocery. Most grocery stores have chopped vegetables wrapped up as per serving size to make your life easier.
4. Pre-cook meals
Another option could be to prepare meals like baked beans or other forms of lentils and freeze them. Later you can add them to your sandwich and get going. Quick and easy!
5. Blend it in a smoothie
Plix’s Smoothies are a healthy, delicious and quick way to get micronutrients and minerals into your body. Keep your nuts, greens and fruits ready in the freezer and use it as a snack whenever you feel hungry. You can add 1 generous scoop of Plix plant protein in this to replenish and refuel your body.
For the gym-goers out there, figuring out a workout meal plan can be a daunting task as well. Here are few quick pre and post-workout snack tips you can follow to simplify your life
Pre-workout snack recipes:
- Make a smoothie out of one cup of fruits and two cups of vegetables, and add 1 scoop of protein powder in it. You can drink half of this before the workout and half after
- Grab an apple or pear with any nut butter
- Granola with Greek yoghurt and few fresh berries
- Dried fruit and mixed nuts
- A granola bar
- Rice cakes topped with peanut butter
- Oatmeal and peanut butter with your favourite fruit
- Brown rice and roasted veggies with Tofu or Fish
Also Read: How Garcinia Combogia Help You Loose Weight
Post-workout snack and meal tips:
- 1 cup of chocolate milk (you can go with strawberries as well in you like)
- 1 whole-wheat toast slice along with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and ½ sliced banana
- 2-4 digestive biscuits with a tablespoon of peanut butter
- One slice of whole-wheat toast with 1 to 2 hard-boiled eggs
- A 7-inch round whole wheat bread stuffed with grilled veggies and 2 tablespoons hummus
- A protein-rich green smoothie
- A veggie omelet with avocado and ½ cup of roasted potatoes
- 4 ounces of steamed trout with a baked sweet potato and sautéed spinach
You can also buy our Plix’s Plant-based protein powder from Here